The Mongolian Government has received credit from the International Development Association (IDA) for the Mongolia Employment Support Project (MESP). Under the project, the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection is seeking to recruit a qualified Employment Service Officer (Project’s staff) to carry out Component 1 “Supporting client-centric public employment services”.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Employment Service Officer will be managing and supporting the successful administration and effective delivery of Component 1 “Supporting client-centric public employment services” and ensuring necessary linkages with the rest of the project activities. The Consultant will be working closely with selected consultants, as well as System Integrator in redeveloping of labor market information system, and monitoring their execution, coordinating the organization of related capacity building training and workshops, and outreach activities.
CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATIONS/ SELECTION CRITERIA
- Education: A master’s degree in Employment, Social Science, or other relevant fields;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of employment and social sector;
- Familiarity with labor and employment standards, regulations, and procedures;
- Knowledge of job matching, labor statistics, career guidance.
- Language skills:The ability to clearly communicate in Mongolian and English both in writing and speaking.
- Other skills: High professional and personal integrity, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate effectively with the relevant stakeholders and implementing agencies, ability to function independently and collaboratively in a team environment, organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
The Terms of Reference are available on the website of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection https://mlsp.gov.mn/ and on the website of the Project https://mesp.mn/.
CONTRACT DURATION: The initial duration of the consultancy service rendered is until 31 December 2022 with a probationary period of 3 months. The contract is extendable on annual basis subject to satisfactory performance.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines Selection an Employment of Consultants for IPF Borrowers dated July 2014.
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or room #501, San Business Center, Prime Minister Amar’s street-29, Baga toiruu, 8th khoroo, Sukhbaatar district, 14200, (Tel: 75057570), Ulaanbaatar
before 05 pm on Jan 14, 2022:
- Cover letter indicating why she/he considers her/himself suitable for the position;
- Detailed CV highlighting relevant skills/experience (English and Mongolian);
- Copy of diplomas or certificates (English and Mongolian);
- 2 reference letters from previous employers (English and Mongolian).
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Incomplete applications would not be considered and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.